Refurbishment of Rod & Jane Flint's
Rod & Jane Flint launched their G26, hull #621in the late
summer of 2007, following an extensive refurbishment taking at least 2 months.
Their son Eli reports that they are very pleased with their work and he
believes it is now the "sharpest classic boat on Kentucky Lake".
The scope of their refurbishment included:
- New bottom: grinding and filling a few blisters,
filling and glassing
seam, replacing thru-hulls, 3 coats of bottom paint.
- Partially rebuilt the rudder
- Complete sanding of old paint, followed by 12 coats of
polyurethane sprayed on by a professional painter.
- Deck sanded, then 3 coats of new awlgrip...with
- All wood trim completely refinished
- New lines and sheets.
- New 130 genoa
- Extensive engine tune up of the Atomic 4
- New running lights
- Numerous comfort upgrades below to make a nice
- Numerous systems upgrades (pressure water, ventilation,
Victoria "After" Sep 2007